About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I like to talk- so here I am, talking to the internet about my favourite passtimes. Boozing, partying, taking photos and going to gigs. Enjoy.

Monday 9 January 2012

RIP Ruins Of Earth!

Sunday 8th January 2012. End of an era and all that. Ruins Of Earth played their last ever show at The George to a RIDICULOUS crowd.

This metal as fuck all dayer began at 2, although I couldn't tell you who played before 4 as it was only at that time I decided I felt safe enough to venture away from my bed after a beyond heavy night of drinking the night before. Thankfully I turned up to the show just as my friends in 'Within Her Depth' played. I'm pleased to say that from what I heard & saw on the new screens they've installed (bloody brilliant idea by the way, because it's a narrow and long venue it means you can see what's cracking on stage if you're not man enough to brave the inevitable pits at the front) that it was their best set not only for crowd reactions but also for the tightness of the set.

From that point on I'm sad to say I didn't pay much attention to the bands until Ruins played because I felt like death warmed up. But MY GOD Ruins Of Earth were absolutely fucking incredible. The crowd went mental, the pits were deadly and at one point Collin refuse to do anything until the stage was over run with people and there were people hanging upside down from the ceiling. It was mind blowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment